Thursday, February 21, 2008

Leon Shamroy - cinematographer

This is my first blog folks. An experiment I hope will take off. I intend on starting separate blogs for my 3 noted relatives of Golden age Hollywood. Leon Shamroy was my grandfathers cousin on his mothers side. My grandfather knew him well when growing up and had occasional contact through the years. My grandfather and his mother lived with Leon's family for a while when he was young. Leon's father Elisha had kindly allowed his cousin and her child to live with them after her break up with husband Abram Herrmann - the father of Hollywood composer Bernard Herrmann. After a while she moved just a few doors down from Leon's family until she married again and kind Elisha Shamroy acted as her family representative, giving the bride away and allowed the small wedding to be performed at his place.

More to follow......

No comments: